The only way you can improve today is to change how you think about it. Our thoughts determine our life. Happy thoughts-happy life. Believing in the following eleven lines make my life better every day. I hope you like them, if you don’t? Number 8 applies to you.
- Everything of real value takes time to accumulate. Instant gratification doesn’t exist in anything that will add long-term value to your life. Family, career, strength & fitness, wisdom. They all take time, a lot of time.
- Learn to be happy with what you have. Happiness consists of being grateful for everything you have in your life. If you tie your happiness to things that can be taken away from you; you have not found happiness.
- Your parents can only do so much for you. You are special to your parents and always will be, however, when you leave your house you’ll have to compete with every other special child. If you’re incredibly lucky you will be competing with them on a level playing field.
- There is more good in the world than there is evil. I know it appears to be the other way round most of the time but that’s because good news doesn’t sell, and people who want to sell you things to make your life better have to show you how your life is not good enough as it is.
- Believe in a higher power. You will be held accountable for your actions in this life.
- Ask yourself how you can improve the world? For the majority of people, this is a question where all the answers are outside of their control, however, if you believe the world is changed for the better every time one person improves their life. You are that one person today.
- You are not entitled to live the life you want to live. First you have to believe you deserve that life and then you have to go out and work for it.
- To like or to be liked on social media platforms should not determine your self-worth. The whole point of sharing something online is because you like it. If other people like it too, that’s great. However, if they don’t like it, that’s okay because they’re entitled to their opinion even one you disagree with.
- Question everything you think is true. Everybody has a different outlook on life, and they will tell their stories from that view point. They may or may not have an agenda for sharing their stories with you but it’s always worth asking the question. Why are they telling me this?
- Do your homework? Before you formulate an opinion on anything, do your homework. Read work from three specialists who disagree with each other, somewhere in the middle of their discussion lies the truth you’re looking to find.
- What will your legacy be to the next generation? The purpose of life is to find your purpose. Remember; you never know who you’re inspiring by just being you.
I’ll leave you with one final thought on happiness.
Living a happy life doesn’t mean you will always be happy because that’s not how happiness works. Living a happy life means you know when happiness disappears, it’s only temporary.