Life doesn’t have to be complicated. You can spend thousands of hours combing through hundreds of books to find the easiest way to live your life, or, like me, you can listen to somebody who has done the hard work. The following are 16 ideas for you to contemplate, they are based on the findings of Jordan B Peterson.
- Watch your posture: Sit and stand up straight with your shoulders back.
- Always treat yourself like you’re somebody you like.
- Make friends with people who encourage your good habits.
- Aim to be better than the person you were yesterday.
- Set boundaries around the type of behaviour you will accept. Yes: you can walk away.
- Take responsibility for where you are at this moment in time.
- Do what’s right, not what’s easy.
- There is a darkness in everybody, including you.
- Let your emotions guide you, not control you.
- You are the only person who knows everything about you.
- If you’re not happy with the path you’re on, choose a different path.
- The purpose of every discussion is not winning, but agreeing on what’s being said.
- Listen to other people: You don’t know everything.
- Do not interrupt people who are engrossed in what they’re doing.
- Honesty is always the best policy.
- Learn to live in the moment. If that moment is not good, it too will pass.
The last but most important idea for you to contemplate is; when every decision you make leads to a more positive future, everybody benefits.