Self-pity, giving away your power and negative beliefs are 3 habits that will not lead you anywhere positive.
It seems fairly obvious but, if the thoughts you have about yourself, the people you interact with and the world in general are negative, you’re living a negative life.
It seems more obvious that if you change your thoughts from negative to positive, your life will head in a positive direction too.
Negative: The person with a negative mind-set will have adopted the following habits:
- They concentrate on the negative events that happened to them. (Self-pity)
- They allow other people’s behaviour affect their peace of mind. (Power)
- They believe the world owes them a decent living because they’re a decent person. (Fairness)
The most interesting thing is, they may not even realise they’re negative because they’re always looking outwards thinking everything has happened due to somebody else’s behaviour, not theirs.
Positive: The person who has a positive mind-set will have adopted the opposite habits.
- They will not let what happened in the past affect their present; today is always a new day.
- They accept the world is full of people who are not in control of their behaviour; they understand that those people need to be listened to and then ignored.
- They believe that if they put in enough effort into getting what they want, they will be rewarded.
Your beliefs, words and actions are the source of your habitual behaviour. They can be good habits or bad habits, however, the ones you give the least amount of thought will be the most difficult to change.
I’ll leave you with this final thought; It’s your life, with enough effort, you can adopt any habit you want to.
P.S. I gave up smoking 30 cigarettes a day about 16 years ago; the only thing I regret is not kicking that habit earlier.