When you believe in your future, nobody can take it away from you.
According to all known laws of aviation, there’s no way that a male bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground, however, the male bee doesn’t care what humans believe so he continues to fly effortlessly along.
That’s one valuable lesson people can learn from the humble bee: Don’t listen to people with limited beliefs about what’s possible.
You may be talented, inspired and motivated, however, if you don’t believe in yourself, those traits will only get you so far. Remember, your belief in yourself is your super power, it gives that edge over everybody else who is competing with you.
How do you believe in yourself?
- Accept yourself for who you are today.
- Look back on everything you have accomplished in your life. For example; if you have passed one exam in your life, you’re capable of passing every exam you will take in your future.
- Talk out loud to yourself, tell yourself how energetic, powerful, strong and courageous you are. If you feel uncomfortable letting other people hear you, put a pair of earphones in and they will think you’re motivating somebody using your mobile phone.
- Allow yourself to make mistakes. Believe me when I tell you, every leader makes mistakes all the time, they’re just better at hiding them.
- Learn from everybody you admire. Take the traits you admire most about them and adopt them to suit your purpose.
- Adopt a positive attitude towards everything.
- Live in the moment, if something isn’t going right for you at any given time, don’t cling to that moment, let it go. There will be plenty of moments when everything will go right for you.
- Listen to, and accept compliments from other people with gratitude.
- Don’t pay attention to insults. They’re normally given by weak people who think they will make them strong.
- You are not alone.
- Share your opinions. However, don’t expect everybody to agree with you.
- Don’t allow your past to anchor you to the past.
- Believe in your destiny, you were put on this planet for a good reason.
I’ll leave you with a couple of my favourite quotes:
- “Every saint has a past, every sinner a future.” ~Oscar Wilde.
- “We are what we believe we are.” ~C.S. Lewis.
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt.
- “Never stop trying. Never stop believing. Never give up. Your day will come.” ~Mandy Hale.