You think you know somebody but then they do something that makes you question everything you know about them; this is more profound when that somebody is you.
There are 18 questions to be answered. The answers to the questions are listed from one to five. How well do you know yourself?
- Most of the time.
- All the time.
There are no right or wrong answers, however, I believe the higher your score the more content you are with the life you’re living. The highest possible score is 90.
- Do you let other people see your true personality?
- Does your behaviour change depending on who’s in front of you?
- Does your behaviour reflect your thoughts?
- Do you believe other people talk positively about you?
- Do you listen to other people?
- Are you open to change?
- Is there more than one way to accomplish tasks?
- Are other people’s opinions important?
- Do you forgive people who offend you?
- Do you accept everybody else for who they are?
- Do you only concentrate on what you can control?
- Can you talk about events from your past without getting emotional?
- Do you control your emotions?
- Do you like what you see when you look in the mirror?
- Do other people have to agree with you?
- Are your thoughts positive when you’re alone?
- Do you believe you have to act a certain way because of your age?
- Are you happy with who you are?
Can you guess which answer will be the most popular? I’m guessing it will be number 3 sometimes.
Knowing how difficult it is to know yourself, you will realise it’s virtually impossible to know anybody else, the best you can hope for is to appreciate the version they show you.
I’ll leave you with one of my favourite quotes:
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” ~Aristotle.