“You cannot give nourishment to another person from an empty vessel.” ~Anon. You are that vessel, if you don’t fill yourself with love, respect, kindness, energy and wisdom you cannot share it with anybody else.
- If you don’t love yourself you cannot love another.
- If you don’t respect yourself other people will not respect you either.
- If you’re not kind to yourself you will find it difficult to show kindness to others.
- If your energy levels are low you will not inspire other people to be energetic.
- Wisdom is knowing enough about yourself to realise when to share your thoughts and when to remain silent.
It’s not selfish to put yourself first because you cannot give what you do not have.