The most important relationship you will ever have is the one you have with yourself. If you think you deserve the very best this world has to offer, you will attract the best people and the best things into your life.
The opposite is also true;
If your favourite thoughts are; “I’ll never get it.” or “I’m not good enough.” These are self-fulfilling prophecies, the more you believe in these statements, the more miserable your life will be. The following quote is true;
“You will receive nothing more than you think you deserve.”
If you’ve spent your life surrounded by people who are mean to you; you don’t think you deserve any better so you put up with them. It doesn’t matter if one person leaves your group, they will be replaced by somebody else who treats you just as badly.
However, if you improve the relationship you have with yourself, those people will leave and you will attract people who will treat you better, yourself included.
How do you improve the relationship you have with yourself?
- The first step is realising you need to improve the opinion you have of yourself.
- The second step is listing all the things you like and dislike about yourself.
- The third step is to determine which things you can change and which things you can’t.
Your height, the size of your feet or the colour of your eyes fall into the category of things you can’t change, they are only examples but you get the idea.
Things you can change are your attitude, your diet, your fitness and your opinions.
- The fourth step is to accept the things you can’t change are perfect just the way they are.
- The fifth step is to outline how you’re going to change the things you can change.
- Read material on how to live a positive life.
- Stop paying attention to negative news stories.
- Stop listening to negative people.
- Stop judging yourself and everybody else.
- Examine your opinions to see if they’re still relevant.
- Believe everybody you know has your best interests at heart.
- Listen to meditation material on, “living in the now.”
- Release your emotional attachments to people and events from your past.
- Accept your history is not an indication of your future.
- Start a fitness regime, even if it’s a ten minute walk every day to begin with. Repeat this slogan, “I’m getting stronger, fitter, faster every day when you’re walking.
- Eat in moderation and always take your time because it takes up to 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain it’s full.
- Step six is to pick a time every day to sit for 15 minutes are repeat the following positive affirmations.
- Every day is a great day.
- I’m finding more reasons to be happy every day.
- I love and approve of myself.
- I forgive everybody who has ever disappointed me.
- I am getting more perfect every day.
- I attract wonderful people into my life.
- I always look for the best in other people.
- I’m delighted to be alive.
- I’m getting healthier every day.
- I deserve the very best things this world has to offer.
- Step 7 stay strong because it only takes minutes to read this post but it will take months to feel the changes you want to see.
I’ll leave you with the following quotes;
- “Your world revolves around your thoughts.”
- “Life is 10% of what happens and 90% of how you react.”
- “What you see in other people exists in you.”
- “What you send out into the world will be returned to you with interest.”
- “Your purpose in life is to become the become the best possible version of you.”
- “What’s meant for you will not pass you by.”
- “If you don’t want to change your life, nobody can help you; if you want to change your life, nobody can stop you because when you change your attitude, you change your life.”
“The relationship you have with yourself is the basis for every relationship you will have with other people. When you love being with yourself; other people will love being with you.”