Pareto Rules Intelligence Too

Pareto rules intelligence too.

I’m with this gang. 

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.” ~Albert Einstein.

I believe Albert Einstein is correct in his assumption that everybody is a genius, if you spend enough time with anybody, you will find at least one thing at which they excel. It may be art, woodwork, metalwork, math, science, cooking, writing, or any number of services that are required by people. Some people might not be good at working with their hands, but are exceptional at organising, strategising and leadership.

But what has this got to do with intelligence, absolutely NOTHING: Intelligence tests are just another way of measuring one person’s ability to complete a task that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of events, except to the ego of the person completing the test of course.

I think people like to be considered intelligent, I know I did when I was a bit younger, I used to take intelligence tests, and fill in those, “only if you’re a genius,” maths things on Facebook, but the older I got, I find those things are really a waste of time; if you spend enough time doing intelligence tests or any other test, you will know the answers to most questions; does that mean you’re any brighter than somebody who has never taken one? The answer to that question is one you will have to answer yourself.

I read recently that, “80% of people believe they are of above average intelligence, and the other 20% don’t care.” I know which group I belong to, do you?

Advertisements

About BrendanDunne

Sharing my life experience, one post at a time.
This entry was posted in Humour, life, Quotes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s