I don’t know about you, but my mother was the best teacher I ever had because all of the lessons were taught with practical examples every child understood.
My mother taught me the difference between living in a democracy and a dictatorship:
1) Because I said so,
2) what part of NO are you having difficulties with?
3) If you don’t do what you’re told, you’re going straight to bed.
My mother taught me about cause and effect and that time travel is possible:
4) If you do that once more I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week.
My mother taught me about Religion:
5) You’d better pray that I can get this chewing gum out of the carpet or you’re not going to get any pocket-money for a year.
My mother taught me about first impressions:
6) Make sure you’re wearing clean underwear in case you’re in an accident. We all know the first thing they check after an accident is the state of his underwear.
My mother taught me how about Irony:
7) If you don’t stop crying, I’m going to give you something to cry about.
My mother taught me about patience:
8) You’ll sit there until every last one of your vegetables is gone, even if it takes all night.
My mother taught me that mind reading is possible:
9) Put your jumper on, don’t you know by now, I know when you’re cold.
My mother taught me about humour:
9) Don’t come running to me when you fall off that wall and break your leg.
My mother taught me how to shift the blame onto someone else:
10) You inherited that trait from your Father.
My mother also taught me to take pride in what I accomplished:
11) You can thank me for your Brains.
My mother taught me about anticipation:
12) You just wait until I get you home.
My mother taught me that nothing is impossible:
13) That’s the last word I want to hear from you, now shut your mouth and eat your dinner.
My mother taught me to be independent:
14) if you fall off that swing, don’t expect me to come running to help you.
My mother taught me about healing:
15) Every cut and bruise could be healed instantly with a kiss.
My mother taught me about understanding wisdom:
16) If you live to be my age, you will understand.
If you have any lessons your mother taught you? please leave them in the comment box below and I will add them on to the list.