Stress is caused when your mind tries to find a resolution to a problem when you do not have the information or power to solve it.
Example: If you consider stressful situations are like being stuck in the middle lane of the traffic jam like that white car.
Unknowable: You don’t know what’s causing the tailback or how long it will take you to get to your destination. You don’t know whether the lanes on either side of you will go faster or slower if you move into them.
What you know: You know the traffic jam will not last forever, eventually the traffic with thin out and you will get moving forward again.
- Another thing you know is, being stressed about your current situation is not going to help you in any positive way.
During those stressful moments in your life the only logical option is to accept. You are where you are meant to be and you will arrive at your destination when you’re meant to arrive.
I’ll leave you with a couple of lines that employ common sense.
- If your actions don’t relieve your stress, you’ve got to learn how to change how you think about the cause of your stress.
- Stress is something you embrace, you have the power to release it.
- Stress is clearly the result of not thinking clearly.
- You should never stress about what you cannot possibly know.
- Whatever you accept will not cause you stress.