It is better to speak with one genuine person who needs your product or service, than 100,000 people who are prepared to listen; and that is my position when it comes to buying social media followers, you can purchase 100,000 followers but at what cost to your wallet and reputation.
It does not matter whether it is likes on Facebook or followers on Twitter, I cannot see any advantage to be gained for your business by purchasing a crowd.
But before I reached this position, I did look at the possible advantages of buying social media followers such as;
- It is a cheap way of increasing the number of people following you on social media platforms.
- On first impressions, you would appear to be very popular.
- More people will follow your profile due to your apparent popularity.
Those are the only three possible advantages I could identify; now I’m going to outline some the possible disadvantages of buying followers.
- The followers you have bought might have no interest in you or your business.
- The followers could be profiles set up by a computer better known as bots.
- The followers you paid for will not be interacting with your profile, so that will make your engagement statistics look bad from an search engine optimization view point.
- The content you create will be analysed to determine why you are so popular.For example, I visited a Facebook business page recently and the number of people talking about the page was impressive in comparison to the number of people who had liked the page. I decided to have a look a bit deeper at the content being posted and it didn’t seem good enough to warrant the attention it was getting, I clicked into the shares icon to see who was sharing the information and found that the same people were sharing every single post.
- Facebook and Twitter are constantly working on eliminating fake accounts.
- Your reputation will suffer if you are identified as a cheat.
- The genuine followers you have will unfollow or unlike you.
- Every time you look at your social media profile you will see yourself as a cheat.
As you can see, it was an awful lot easier to identify reasons for not buying social media followers, as opposed to reasons for buying social media followers.
Unless you are Justin Bieber, where if he could sneeze online, he would get thousands of likes, the content and the number of posts you share will determine the number of people who follow you; if the ratio and the quality of the content do not match the number of followers, everybody will know the truth about you.
*Growth happens because of quality not because of quantity.
*The only goal of your social media marketing should be to create a positive awareness for your businesses brand.
Start with the customers you already have and work outwards, building a meaningful platform where you can share your messages with people who have chosen to listen to you.
Please share this post with your social media friends.