Keeping your customers engaged on a constant basis requires flexibility of thought and content, as you know yourself from watching television, if the same programme is being repeated on a regular basis, the first thing that comes to mind when you see it is; where is the remote control? And what’s more you can’t get to the remote fast enough. The same principle applies to engaging your customers using social media. Even if what you say is highly relevant, it will become increasingly less relevant the more times it’s seen.
What you can do to keep your customers as engaged as possible is
- Constantly update the information you’re delivering to ensure it is up to date, reading an article that was written two or three years ago is not going to get you any Brownie points. Also unless you are giving customers a sneak preview of upcoming events make sure that all posts are written so that even if the customer only see’s that post they know what is going on? Use a link to previous information if necessary.
- Add humour to your posts, it is one of the best ways of keeping your customers engaged as they will be waiting for the next good laugh.
- Advertise special offers on an irregular basis as this will also keep your customers checking on your site, from time to time give something free as part of a goodwill gesture to your regular followers. Just make sure that you advertised before and after to ensure you benefit from the positive publicity.
- Promote local and national positive news stories. Pass on stories regarding local charitable work being done in the community.
- Self promotion is recommended approximately 20% of the time, these posts should always be put in such a way as to get the customers opinions, give them a description and ask their opinion. It’s the soft sell rather than the hard sell approach.
- Consistency is the key to succeed in social media marketing; you need to be putting out useful material on a regular basis for the social media platform you are using.
- Use images with your posts, it’s a great way of getting your customer’s attention and keeping them engaged down through your post.
Keep your customer’s attention online and they will keep you and your product in mind every time they are using anything that is associated with your area of expertise.
If you enjoyed this article please share it with your friends,